GO 2020 - explained
May 2020: 31 Key Days of 100 Million Christians reaching 1 Billion people & forming 1 million new churches!
GO 2020 is a global vision to activate the whole Body of Christ – millions of individual believers, churches and large global ministries - to pray and share the Gospel all over the world in an joint effort of evangelism during the month of May 2020.
“The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.” Mt 9:37
The Great Commission is not an “optional assignment” for the Church. Yet 93% of church members never share the Gospel with others. GO 2020 aims to turn those numbers upside down … to pursue the following:
To activate and train every Christian believer, everywhere to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Through a unique partnership effort involving many different denominations and parachurch organizations, this massive moment is meant to train and inspire every believer to live a lifestyle of evangelism.
- Mobilize 100 million Christians to share the Gospel during May 2020.
- Reach 1 billion people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- 1 million new churches, faith communities and small groups.
- Disciple 20 million new believers and integrate them into existing and new churches.
Through a strategic partnership network built over nearly a decade, GO 2020:
- Encourages ordinary believers to share the Gospel through personal conversation and to demonstrate God’s love through prayer, caring, and sharing in numerous different ways.
- Equips Churches with training and materials in evangelism, discipleship and church planting (see Resources).
- Promotes Kingdom partnership as churches, denominations and ministries from many different backgrounds work together to reach the world (see Partner).
- Invites every church to be part of a church planting initiative during the year 2020. Every church is planting a church – together we can establish 1 million new faith communities.
- Makes the Gospel visible through thousands of “Jesus Celebrations”, GO 2020 Events, March for Jesus and more.
GO 2020 is a special edition of Global Outreach Day, which has been taking place every last Saturday of May since 2012. On this day, every year, believers worldwide have stepped out together in faith to share the Good News.
25 million believers have already participated in Global Outreach Day. To see what God has done, view Global Outreach Day testimonies.